33 entrepreneurs and specially invited contributors collaborated this Tuesday in Stockholm to achieve greater and sustainable international companies in the pre-launch event of the 2nd Entrepreneurs World Summit Stockholm 22 september this year. The participants are founders and main owners of mid and large sized companies. Together, their companies employ over 10 000 people with a total turnover exceeding 10 billion euros.
We call these Grownups, the entrepreneurs that grow large companies with profitability and sustainable ownership. In our mind, they are a key group of people that will be able to achieve a strong society in the future and add value to thousands of people in Sweden and abroad. How can these entrepreneurs expand their success, inspire other entrepreneurs to grow international companies and thereby add even stronger positive societal impact? The key is to understand their strategic challenges and needs. Here are some of the findings summarized in key areas of challenges:
Sustainable Ownership & Financing
- Strategy of Ownership & Governance: How to master strong ownership for long term global expansion? How to sustain the company scale up while still being a key owner of the firm nurturing the values and leadership while growing ?
- Strategy of Financing: Selection of financing methods and actors throughout the different phases of expansion. Understanding long term consequences of different types of financing methods from Sweden or abroad and how this affect the time spent of the entrepreneur, the company managers and Board of Directors on handling different financiers and methods.
- Societal trends in relation to my company: How to handle the trend in our society that the survival time of companies in general shortens. What will happen when the large existing access to capital do not prevail any longer?
Strategic Innovation & Business Modelling
- How to set a strategy for continuous innovation.
- Business modeling for sustainable business creation.
- Creating an innovation platform and process for today´s business (Horizon 1), tomorrow’s business (Horizon 2) and the unknown business (Horizon 3).
Global Organization & Leadership
- How to build an organization in an international growth company. How to stay and manage organizational growth
- Organizational Growth and Culture: how to build organization in an international growth company including culture building, incitement structures, and different layers of managers that manage managers.
- How to source key talent and managers internationally
- Personal Role of entrepreneur: balance of expected execution power, role of entrepreneur, distribution of organization internationally
Global Partnering & Sales
- Selection of the right strategic partnerships and deal structure based on the strategy of the right business- and income model for the company.
- Sustainable deal structure of partnering and large scale sales contracts.
- Large scale sales to large companies while being a relative small player. How does one manage cost control of large customer demands? How to attract the largest customers and keep value of services high?
- Changing demographics of small customers to large global customers including indirect sales strategy, selection of the right partners, provision of services to product customers balancing inhouse and partner services.
By understanding the true needs of entrepreneurs that grow with profitable businesses internationally, society will be able to find more efficient and sustainable methods to stimulate more entrepreneurs that start, grow and own companies from Sweden, resulting in higher tax income to finance welfare and sustainable jobs, also enabling a more tolerant society that welcomes diversity as a means to stay competitive and generate a more vibrant society.
Founders Alliance and sibling organizations, networks, events and associations in other parts of the world are working to assemble and intensify interexchange between entrepreneurs owning and building mid- and large sized companies. Our lead example is the 2nd Entrepreneurs World Summit on September 21-22, where our vision is that it becomes one of the world’s premier arenas for influential international entrepreneurs. Collectively, they work together to create even greater companies and expanding the reach of the entrepreneurial society. This common ambition will ultimately lead to a better world. This year we will send delegations of Swedish entrepreneurs to New York, Helsinki, Vienna and Hong Kong to create exchange and build bridges of business and experiences between entrepreneurs.